Snake Removal in Virginia
Snakes in the yard is one of the most common calls we receive at Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services. The very sight of a snake, any snake, sends people running for safety. Fortunately, most snakes in Virginia are harmless and provide a valuable service around your home in the way of pest control (snakes control rodents) In fact, the presence of snakes around your VA property or in your house may indicate a rodent problem. Most calls to our office involved a suspected Copperhead snake, but most of these snakes turn out to be a common Black Snake (Rat Snake) or a Black Racer Snake.
There are approximately 34 species of snakes found in Virginia, of which only three species are venomous (poisonous). The Northern Copperhead snake (found statewide) is the most common; and while it is usually not found inside homes, it may be common in gardens and woodlots. The Timber rattlesnake is common only in the mountainous regions of western Virginia and a small area of extreme southeastern Virginia where they are known as Canebrake Rattlesnakes; they are a state endangered species. Water moccasins, also commonly referred to as cottonmouths, are found to the south and east of Petersburg and are common only in wet areas. These dangerous snakes can cause serious injury even death.
Our local Snake Removal & Snake Control Experts provides services to such complaints as, I have a snake in my house. Snake Removal operators understand that a snake in a home is an emergency that requires prompt attention. Our nuisance wildlife removal operators are experts in snake removal and snake control throughout Virginia. They know how to get rid of snakes quickly.
Animal removal operators understand that a snake in the home is an emergency that cannot wait. Snake removal is dangerous and should only be done by a trained wildlife professional. Venomous and nonvenomous are commonly found in homes, commercial, and industrial areas of Virginia. If you encounter a snake you should immediately distance yourself from the snake, if possible keep visual contact on the snake, and call a snake removal expert to remove the snake from your home or business.
Snake Specialties Include:
- Rattlesnakes in your home
- Snake removal from your house
- Snakes removal from your yard
- Snake skin or snake shed in the crawlspace
- Copperhead snake nest on my property
- Copperhead snake in the garage
- Copperhead snake den
- Snake repellents (these don’t work and are not recommended)
- Snake removal for free (we’re not free, but our prices are the best)
- Snake in your business
- How to get rid of a snake
A common reaction to a snake regardless whether it be in your home or on your property is to kill it whether or not it poses a risk or not. However, the fact is that most snakes in the local area are harmless and even the dangerous ones would rather flee than fight. Once we begin to learn about snakes, we can replace our fears and misconceptions with facts. Once understood we can then appreciate the important role snakes have in Virginia. You should never attempt to kill a snake this could lead to a dangerous snake bite.
Helpful Tips For Snake Removal & Control
- Eliminate habitat near your home. Remove all rock and brush piles and keep grassy areas mowed short near the house. This will eliminate attraction for mice and cover for snakes.
- If a snake is known to have entered the structure, examine the foundation of the house thoroughly. Seal all areas around pipes, vents, or other places that may provide small openings both for rodents and snakes. Also, check the roof for overhanging vegetation. Snakes are good climbers and can also enter through the attic where trees or shrubs provide access.
- If a snake is found in the house, identify the snake (A Snakes of Virginia guide is available from the Department). Once it is known to be non-venomous, carefully place a bucket or wastebasket over the snake. Then slip a board carefully under the bucket or basket and carry the snake outside and release it. Remember, if you have not sealed the holes in the foundation, the snake may return.
- Have your house checked for rodent problems. If you can eliminate the food source, the snakes will go elsewhere.
We provide fast, safe and effective snake removal, snake control, snake trapping and snake management throughout Virginia area. Contact us today to schedule our Snake Removal Services – (434) 260-7077.
Are you having other types of wildlife or insect pest issues. Visit our Home Page for additional information on our animal control services.